Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The True Day 1!

Guess I got ahead of myself in yesterdays title.  It should have be - PreGame! 
As you can imagine, no real miracles have been accomplished in a day, however when you really pay attention, changes indeed do happen.  You see, I've been very conventional with my diet approach.  Eating 5-6 sometimes 7 times a day, measuring EVERYTHING.  While I did find myself, out of habit transferring my food to the scale or "thinking" about eating my next meal, I surprisingly felt a since of relief.  I stopped myself from weighing my food and logging my food too ensure my pro rations were in order and my calorie intake was not too high.  Instead, I just ate.  Freely.  When I was hungry, I ate.  I ate what I wanted, in the amount I wanted, when I wanted.  I have no idea how many calories I took in (I could figure it out...but DON'T ask ...I'm not going too!).  In fact, I did something yesterday I haven't done in a long time.  By purely listening to my body, my last meal was at 2:30pm.  I didn't eat for the rest of the day and I felt GREAT!

I was 100% in compliance with the foods I ate.  Eggs, bacon, chicken, broccoli, zucchini, spaghetti squash, drank only pure water and some coffee with coconut milk and a splash of unsweetened coconut shavings on top. 

I did talk to myself a good bit today, I think it will take a while before the whole "thinking about food" all day thing slows down a bit, but with this strategy....as of today...I see where this can help.   I keep my goals in the forefront of my mind, I think about my students and all the people who are following me.  It's a great support group and proves how much those around you and accountability is a HUGE part of success.

Thanks to those who are following and thank you to all my students who are also doing a challenge this month.  They are not doing the same one as me, I've made a separate plan for them.  HOWEVER, I have a few who say they want to join me on my plan and I am SO excited!!!  More ammunition to fuel the fire and keep this journey burning!

I'm looking forward to another day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Brown X3 Sports Nutrition said...

Check out this blog on Wheat Belly

http://www.heartscanblog.org/2007/07/wheat-belly.html

March 22, 2011 at 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home